Sun Rideshare, a regional commuter assistance program of Pima Association of Governments, offers transportation alternatives essential to the region’s seamless transit system.
Sun Rideshare provides services that make alternative transportation, such as carpooling, vanpooling, mass transit, biking, and walking more affordable, accessible and convenient.
The Sun Rideshare online Travel Database provides quick information and helps you find the best transportation option for your daily commute or trips to other destinations.
Choosing an alternative mode of transportation has never been easier and provides many benefits for you and your community: cost and time savings, reduced congestion, improved air quality, and less dependence on foreign oil.
Sun Rideshare Travel Database
Sun Rideshare's online commuter database matches up participants who are looking to carpool or vanpool, or provides information on convenient public transit options.
Join thousands of Pima County residents who are in the database and looking for ways to save money, reduce congestion or help the environment. You will be matched with the best candidates who live and work near you and have similar work hours.
When you sign up, you become eligible to participate in in Sun Rideshare's free Guaranteed Ride Home program and you will receive the latest on Sun Rideshare news and activities. If you log your trips, you also become eligible for a chance to win free rewards.
Sign up or log in below to learn more about the benefits of participating in Sun Rideshare. View the Sun Rideshare Travel Database Tutorial to walk you through the sign-up process.
Try an alternative mode and win
Everyone can use a little reward now and again. You can become eligible to earn Sun Rideshare rewards by simply using an alternative form of transportation to work or other destinations.
The monthly Sun Rideshare 2017 Rewards Program is brought to you in partnership with Walgreens. Participants will be eligible to earn Walgreens gift cards, ranging from $25 to $100.
To qualify, participants must log their alternative mode trips in the Sun Rideshare Travel Calendar. Each one-way trip logged earns one point. All commute trips and personal trips earn points. Participants qualify for the prize drawing by earning the minimum number of points*, trips or pounds of reduced pollution specified each month. Points will not be cumulative as in previous years. You can only win once.
You can go back 60 days to log trips, but future trips cannot be entered. Contest rules change each month.
Sign up now with Sun Rideshare to find a carpool partner or vanpool group and start earning points.
July 2017 Rewards Contest: Reduce Your Tonnage!
Drive less in July to reduce pollution and log your trips in the Sun Rideshare Travel Calendar to win prizes:
- (1) $100 Walgreen's gift card - reduce 200 lbs. of pollution in July
- (1) $75 Walgreen's gift card - reduce 150 lbs. of pollution in July
- (2) $50 Walgreen's gift card - reduce 100 lbs. of pollution in July
- (4) $25 Walgreen's gift card - reduce 50 lbs. of pollution in July
- (1) $50 Walgreen's gift card - CAR FREE DAY, Tuesday, July 25 (one alternative mode trip)
Refer a Friend and Win!
Sun Rideshare invites you to refer a friend to the Sun Rideshare program and become eligible to win a Walgreens gift card. Participants are entered into the drawing each time they encourage a friend to register with Sun Rideshare. The more friends you refer, the more chances you have to win.
Winners will receive a $25 Walgreens card. Names will be drawn in March, May, July, August, October and December. Participants for the Refer a Friend promotion are eligible to win more than once.
Be sure to have your referrals include your name when they sign up in the Sun Rideshare Travel Database.
Log in to register today!
June 2017 Rewards Winners
- Gordon Washburn, Raytheon Missile Systems, vanpooler
- Denise Jacobs, Sargent Controls & Aerospace, carpooler
- John Heard, Pima County, transit rider
- Gillian Paine-Murrieta, carpooler
- Kelly Arizmendi, University of Arizona, telecommuter and streetcar rider
- Carol Rollins, Banner - University Medical Center, walker/carpooler
- Carolyn Swanson, Pima County Public Defender’s Office, transit rider
- Tom Stapelberg, CO Tucson Community Services, transit rider
Car Free Day Winner: Jerry McGarity, Raytheon
May 2017 Rewards Winners
- Philip, Rasmussen, Banner - University Medical Center Tucson
- Karen Bush, Western Passport Center
- Robert McKee, Tucson Airport Authority
- Laura, Marquez, University of Arizona Students
- Zhanna Helwig, Snell & Wilmer
- Gerald Ashton, Raytheon Missile Systems
- Benjamin Matiella, Pima County Himmel Branch Library
- Eduardo Valerio, Raytheon Missile Systems - Airport
Car Free Day Winner: Valerie Cook, Banner
Refer a Friend Winner: John Piniero, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
April 2017 Rewards Winners
- Christopher Hall, Ventana Medical Systems
- Joyce Liska, student
- Kat Manton-Jones, PCC District Office
- Jesse Reyes, MHC Healthcare
- Howard Dutt, City of Tucson Parks and Rec
- Betsy Woodhouse, University of Arizona
- Melina Lew, FreshCutGrass Branding +Design
- Debbie Wainwright, Pima County
March 2017 Rewards Winners
- Lou Dickens, carpool and bike, IBM
- Mark Hamblin, transit, Pima County
- David Mayhew, streetcar, University of Arizona
- Beth Miller, transit, Pima County
- Thomas Mouch, bike, Raytheon
- Denise Waldo, transit, Pima County
- Arnold Benitz, bike and carpool, 162d WG Arizona National Guard
Car Free Day Winner: Lindsey Fera, University of Arizona
Refer a Friend Winner: Victor Stevens, Tohono O'odham Nation
February 2017 Rewards Winners
- $100 – Yamei Chang, Metropia, carpooler
- $100 – Audrey Dominguez, Raytheon, carpooler
- $25 – Mary Black, U of A, biker
- $25 – Robert Cline, Pima County, transit
- $25 – Tony Madrid, Tucson Airport Authority, carpooler
- $25 – David Peckarsky, Modular Mining Systems, carpooler and biker
- $25 – Ezra Roati, Lanning Architecture, biker
- $25 – Erika Roush, retired, biker
Car Free Day Winner: David Wunder, Indian Health Services
Rewards Mega Users
Sun Rideshare Rewards Program participants for who achieve various levels of alternative mode usage will be recognized on the Sun Rideshare website and Facebook page each month. To view recent Mega users, please click here.
Learn more about ridesharing in Sun Rideshare's "Do Zombies Carpool?" video. Discover how you can drive less, and if zombies really do carpool.
©Pima Association of Governments | 1 E Broadway Blvd, Suite 401, Tucson, AZ 85701 | Telephone (520) 792-1093, FAX (520) 620-6981