A vanpool is a group of commuters sharing the ride to work in a commuter van. Sun Rideshare’s regional vanpool program will enable all residents in southern Arizona to save money and reduce the stress of their daily commute by starting or joining a vanpool.
New vanpool promotions running from July 1, 2013 to September 30, 2013.
- Tell a Friend - When a referral leads to a new vanpool group the referring person will receive $400.
- Quick Start - If you do not have a sufficient number of riders to start a vanpool, vRide will make fixed payments to cover the empty seats.
- Welcome Back - Any returning vanpool will receive 50% off the first month fare.
Lower monthly fares for 2013 vehicles (413KB pdf)
PAG monthly subsidy increased to a maximum of $500.
Contact 884-RIDE (7433) for more information
How to get started
- Gather a group of at least five people to start the vanpool or ask Sun Rideshare to assist in recruiting riders for a new vanpool.
- All participants should live and work near each other and have similar work hours.
- The vanpool riders determine the exact route to work, the pick-up times, and the drop-off locations.
- One primary driver and at least one alternate driver are required.
- Primary drivers will go through a driving record and credit record check. Check out the driver approval criteria to see if you qualify to be a driver.
- The monthly van lease cost is divided among the riders.
- There are a variety of vehicles for 5 to 15 riders. Bench or luxury seating available.
- All vans are insured with no deductible.
- The monthly lease cost includes insurance, maintenance, vehicle repair, 24-hour roadside assistance, taxes and registration, and customer service.
- Vans are leased month-to-month with only a 30-day notice required to terminate a lease.
Benefits and Savings
- Monthly fares are discounted with a PAG subsidy. Six riders are required to receive the PAG subsidy.
- Many area employers offer subsidies that further reduce the monthly cost.
- Additional savings available by using pre-tax dollars – check with your employer.
- Primary drivers may be eligible to ride free or at reduced rates as compensation for their added responsibilities.
- All vanpool riders are eligible for PAG’s regional Guaranteed Ride Home program.
- Gas cards (debit cards) are available to manage gas payments.
- Vans can be serviced through a network of local car care centers and the Ford Dealers.
- Vanpool riders can meet in one of the many park and ride lots available in Pima County.
To learn if there is a vanpool near you or to start a new one for your commute, visit www.884ride.org or call (520) 884-RIDE (7433).