Pima Association of Governments' Travel Reduction Program is mandatory for employers that have more than 100 full-time equivalent employees at a single or contiguous worksite. Pima County and its municipal jurisdictions adopted travel reduction ordinances in 1988 as a travel demand strategy following a 1985 civil lawsuit (McCarthy vs. Thomas). The lawsuit demanded that the jurisdictions prepare approvable plans, containing all reasonably available control measures to attain the air quality standards at the earliest possible time in order to meet the requirements of the federal Clean Air Act. Employers with fewer than 100 employees can volunteer to participate in the program.
2012 Program Requirements
- Appoint a Transportation Coordinator
- Disseminate travel reduction information to employees
- Notify TRP staff of any changes at the worksite, such as downsizing, transportation coordinator changes or relocation
- Complete theTravel Reduction Activity Inventory Report (annual plan) in May 2012
- Conduct the employee survey every four years. The Employee Survey cycle began in 2010 and will end December 2013. All TRP companies must survey during this four-year period.
For more information, please contact Ruth Reiman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 792-1093.