ARRA Formula Funds -- Notifications for City of Tucson
- Attorney General's Office Victim's Right Program - COT awarded $80,000 last fiscal year. Anticipating similar amount for FY 2009-10. VRP Funds pay partial salaries and ere for two full-time notification postage expenses.
- Community Development Block Grant - $1,657,320 allocated.
- Emergency Shelter Grants Program - $2,534,340 allocated.
- Arizona Housing Authority-Public Housing Capital Fund - $2,085,435 allocation. Arizona allocation is $3 million.
- Edward Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program - $2,420,000 allocated. The procedure for allocating JAG grants is based on a formula of population and violent crime statistics, in combination with a minimum allocation to each state and territory.
- Rubber Chip or Mill Inlay treatments on arterial streets on federal aid roadway systems - $15 million allocated. The City of Tucson expects to receive between $11 million to $15 million from Pima County's $22 million to $36 million in ST type funding, allocated through PAG's TIP. The total allocation will go toward reconstruction of arterial streets on federal aid roadway systems.
- Pavement Preservation Projects - Approximately $50 million will be available to apply toward projects within Pima County.
- FTA Grant - $16 million. The City of Tucson expects to receive about $16 million under this program.
- BOR - BOR has not determined how much of the $1 billion allocated will be distributed to each state.
ARRA Grants - City of Tucson
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant - $5,155,300 allocation. The Department of Energy will make additional funding available through a competitive grant process. Approximately 10 percent of the $5.15 million can be used to cover administrative costs.
- BTOPS (20% match required - The NTIA's BTOPS program will be awarded $4.7 billion. This money will require a 20 percent match. The allocation for the City of Tucson is to be determined.
- COE - COE is still in the process of determining how the $4.6 billion allocated to them will be used.
ARRA Other Funding - City of Tucson
- Project Based Rental Assistance - Arizona allocation is $15.4 million. City of Tucson allocation to be determined.
- Federal Highway Administration-Highway Infrastructure - $22 million. Arizona to receive $522 million for highways and bridges.
- Public Transit - $100.6 million will be available for Arizona public transportation. The City of Tucson allocation is to be determined.
- Transit Capitol Assistance Funds - Arizona to receive $85,739,224 for urban formula.
- Fixed Guideway Infrastructure Investment (rail modernization) - Arizona to receive $640,070.
- Clean Water SRF and Drinking Water SRF - Arizona to receive $26,408,646. The City of Tucson allocation is to be determined.
TOTAL for City of Tucson: $66,852,395
ARRA Funding - Notifications for Pima County
- The Pima County Regional Wastewater Reclamation Department will receive $10 million from the Water Infrastructure Authority (WIFA) which includes $8 million in low-interest rate loans and an additional $2 million in ARRA, principal forgiveness funds. Principal forgiveness funds do not have to be repaid.
TOTAL for Pima County: $10 million