Drivers have a host of clean fuel options to select from in today's ever-changing alternative fuel market. The Clean Cities program managed by Pima Association of Governments, encourages the use of clean fuels -- biodiesel, ethanol (E85), compressed natural gas, propane, hybrid electric, fuel cell and hydrogen technologies -- in local fleets and other vehicles, and promotes the advancement of local refueling infrastructure for these vehicles.
In turn, these local efforts help to reduce the use of petroleum in fleets and other transportation uses to advance our nation's economic, environmental and energy security. PAG's Clean Cities program is a voluntary program of the U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities program and works with local businesses and governments through its Tucson Regional Clean Cities Coalition of over 90 members to provide guidance on establishing a viable alternative fuels market.
Electric Vehicle Infrastructure in Southern Arizona
The PAG region features more than 100 electric vehicle charging stations to support a growing base of electric-vehicle owners. To view locations of electric vehicle charging stations and locations for other alternative fuels, please click on the link below:
Level 2 stations for electric vehicles have the capability to recharge EVs in 4-6 hours using 220 volt power. Level 2 stations are intended for home and business use.
DC Fast Charge stations have the ability to charge compatible electric vehicles up to 80 percent in 30 minutes. DC Fast Charge stations are intended for high density areas or travel corridors.
Clean Cities Membership Levels
Joining the Tucson Regional Clean Cities Coalition gives you the opportunity to work with private and public sector partners to support the national goals of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities program including:
- Reducing national dependence on imported petroleum for transportation
- Providing cleaner and more economical modes of transportation
- Improving the air quality of the region
- Developing clean fuels infrastructure
- Educating the public about clean fuels
- Stimulating economic development of the region
Tucson Clean Cities offers the following membership levels:
- Platinum Partner (Large Fleets & Other): $600 annual dues payment
- Gold Partner (Medium-Sized Fleets): $300 annual dues payment
- Silver Partner (Small-Sized Fleets): $150 annual dues payment
- Individual and Not-for-Profits: $100 annual dues payment
- Jurisdictions and School Districts: $0
All memberships are for the calendar year. New memberships will be pro-rated for enrollment after January of the first year. Dues are tax deductible.
Become a Member
Top of Page