The annual Odyssey Day alternative fuel vehicle outreach event will be held Sept. 26 and 27 as part of the first-ever Tucson Car-Con 2015. Tucson Clean Cities and members will participate and co-host the event with Furious Promotions and BYDS Insurance.
Based on the popular Comic-Con comic book convention, the Tucson Car-Con will feature some of our favorite TV legend cars such as:
- KITT from Knight Rider
- The FastBack Mustang replica from Bullit with Steve McQueen
- The Bumblebee from Transformers, with a comic movie icon twist.
Pima Association of Governments’ Clean Cities program is working to bring some of the most memorable cars that have been upfitted to use an alternative fuel, such as:
- The Batmobile replica that now runs on compressed natural gas
- Tucson Clean Cities Coalition members will bring Teslas, Mustangs, Ford F150s, and some of our favorite muscle cars, such as the CNG-powered 1968 Challenger and a 1998 all-electric Porsche 911.
- A special guest, #Panda of the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, will attend, and word has it that he is challenging high school mascots to a “Dance Off.”
The event will be held on Sept. 26 and 27 at the Tucson Expo Center, 3750 E. Irvington Road. Saturday hours will be 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday hours will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the Tucson Boys and Girls Club, Casa de los Ninos, and the Southern Arizona Community Food Bank.
The event will also include a “Star Wars Experience.” All movie episodes, and the 501st Legion, will play on the large screen with movie trailers of the next episode’s upcoming release.
For more information visit TucsonCarCon.com
Clean Cities Manager